Lifeplus Foundation helps to ensure that people everywhere gain access to some of life's most important resources for healthy living. Things like:
- Over 1.5 billion people do not have access to clean, safe water.
- Half the world's schools do not have access to clean water, nor adequate sanitation.
- On average, women in Africa and Asia have to walk 3.7 miles to collect water.
- 80% of all illness in the developing world comes from waterborne diseases.
- Water projects
- Almost 1 in every 15 children in developing countries dies from hunger.
- Children are the most visible victims of undernutrition. Children who are poorly nourished suffer up to 160 days of illness each year.
- Poor nutrition plays a role in at least half of the 10.9 million child deaths each year.
- Around the world, some 75 million children -- more than half of them girls -- have no opportunity to attend primary school.
- In many countries where civil war is raging, the majority of schools have been destroyed.
- Natural disasters kill one million people around the world each decade, and leave millions more homeless each year.
- In 2013, natural disasters caused $1.7-trillion in damage and affected 2.9 billion people.
- Studies show that people who develop and maintain strong relationships, eat wholesome foods, exercise on a regular basis and find their work rewarding, live longer, healthier lives.